Broken Pieces
I am broken
Into a thousand pieces
Scattered away across the mosaic flooring.
The sudden loudness of one moment of just me,
Was silenced within minutes, even though I was now many pieces of myself.
Some fell facing up,
While many fell, face down,
As though they were sorry
For what now cannot be undone.
Wishing someone would notice
The broken me and my pieces,
And pick them up to mend them back
To make me feel whole.
They walked past
And ignored,
The elements that seemed to have no meaning,
Safely stepping aside, and walking by,
To save themselves, some bleeding.
I lay there, tattered,
As though nothing really mattered,
With my heart completely shattered
With no courage to gather.
The puzzle of the pieces
Were so complicated,
That, with time passing by,
It just looked fated.
Everyone was around,
Discussing my fate,
Debating whether I deserved
Or must I be favoured.
A strong wind suddenly made it's way
Sweeping all my shattered pieces away,
In its direction far away.
Thus ended my story
With the pieces cleaned up and cleared,
Making way for a fresh start
For yet another piece of art.
Into a thousand pieces
Scattered away across the mosaic flooring.
The sudden loudness of one moment of just me,
Was silenced within minutes, even though I was now many pieces of myself.
Some fell facing up,
While many fell, face down,
As though they were sorry
For what now cannot be undone.
Wishing someone would notice
The broken me and my pieces,
And pick them up to mend them back
To make me feel whole.
They walked past
And ignored,
The elements that seemed to have no meaning,
Safely stepping aside, and walking by,
To save themselves, some bleeding.
I lay there, tattered,
As though nothing really mattered,
With my heart completely shattered
With no courage to gather.
The puzzle of the pieces
Were so complicated,
That, with time passing by,
It just looked fated.
Everyone was around,
Discussing my fate,
Debating whether I deserved
Or must I be favoured.
A strong wind suddenly made it's way
Sweeping all my shattered pieces away,
In its direction far away.
Thus ended my story
With the pieces cleaned up and cleared,
Making way for a fresh start
For yet another piece of art.
Comments
Post a Comment